Advanced Task Killer Free - I used this more when I first got my phone, but after a while I have begun to realize that it really does not make that big of a difference in the overall performance of the phone. I still give this a go every once and a while when it starts to feel kludgy.<-- I am now using ES Task manager for this.
- Amazon - never used...
- Astrid - I use this all of the time with an online service that I thought I wouldn't like but have come to love RTM
- Barcode Scanner - I have used this a handfull of times and it works well. I even used it at a big box store to look up a price. It found their website and tada...
- ConnectBot - used for remote ssh sessions
- Detexify - draw with your finger on the screen and it gives you the LaTeX code for it.
- DockRunner - because I did't want to spend $30 on the charging dock.
- DroidLight - I use this at least twice a day!
- ES File Explorer - tool that I don't use often but is a must have when you need it.
- ES Task Manager - I use this to close down programs that are running in the background. One of the flaws of the Android platform as I see it, is that there is not a clear way to close a program as opposed to having it run in the background.
- GDocs - I hope to use this more as I move away from using MS office
- Goggles - cool concept but not very useful
- Google Sky Map - again cool but...
- gStrings - program for tuning a guitar, but I assume that it could be used for any musical instrument.
- Google Voice - very nice
- GTalk Updater - wish I didn't have it
- IP Cam Viewer Lite - used for nanny cams when we are out
- Key Ring - keep my vic card and such on it, and my wallet it thiner. Now I don't even get odd looks from the cashiers anymore as I am guessing more people are using them.
- Labyrinth Lite - I found this after my family was talking about the old game at christmas. Even my grandmother enjoyed this game.
- Listen - used on the bus to listen to npr stuff.
Locale - handy for making sure my ringer is turned off and such<-- No longer free and I don't feel like it is worth the $10 that they want for it now. GPS Plug-in Sync Plug-in Tweet Plug-in
- Maps - has the navigation that has been useful running around town
- Maverick Lite - cool, but unused as a compas
- Metal Detector - fun party trick
- MountUSB - used for adding music to droid
- My Tracks - cool for tracking exercise distances
- OpenSudoku - fun
- Orienteer - allows to see raw GPS data
- OurGroceries - my wife has the iPhone/iPod version and this makes shopping a lot easier
- Pandora - I only use on wifi, but I love Pandora radio
- Photoshop.com Mobile - only used once, but it works
- Pkt Auctions eBay - might use more if I wasn't broke
- Places Directory - used to find food while traveling
- Power Save - nice widget that provides the same functions that are built into 2.1
- RTM - the official app for the RTM website, it is a pay service (yearly) but I am starting to think that it is worth it. Their to do list is fantastic, by far the best I have ever seen.
- The Weather Channel - check for dress every morning
- Twidroid - used all the time.
I am making this list for my own reference as I am going to unlock the phone and load the nexus one rom to it. I will add a post to update on how that goes.